EFM D30 iPhone Protective Case
The Latest in Breakage Prevention
With so many accessories in the market, it can be a daunting task to choose the best case for protecting your new iPhone. We believe the Aspen D30 case stands high above the rest.
82% Greater Impact Protection
Enhanced Shock Absorption
The D3O EFM Aspen Case Armour offers up to 82% greater impact protection compared to the leading competitors and features a unique patented technology that offers enhanced shock absorption and impact protection. Delivering premium performance properties, D3O materials consistently outperforms traditional materials.
What Is D30 Technology?
The Latest In iPhone Impact Protection
The D3O technology is based on non-Newtonian principles. In standard conditions, the molecules flow freely allowing the material to remain soft and flexible, but on impact, they lock together to absorb impact energy and reduce the force transmitted. The molecules instantly return to their flexible state.The raw material is strain rate sensitive which means the stronger the impact, the more the molecules react, and the better the protection. D3O manufactures this raw substance into practical functioning foam and non-foam materials.
Function & Design
EFM® have partnered up with D30® to create this stunning case. One company specialises in producing high quality cases, the others sole purpose it to create high impact protective material. It’s a perfect marriage of a cleaver design that serves the consumer a specific purpose, to help stop your phone from breaking!
This case boasts an external shock absorbing tactile bumper, internal membrane with Air Shock pockets and shock dispersion pillars all carefully moulded into the d30 material.
- The testing conducted on these phones is intended to replicate a drop from 1m.
- DTS055 – D3O Phone impact test is used to analyse the impact performance of the different case
- Test carried out at D3O The Lab on AD Engineering Drop Tower
- Case attached to replica iPhone 6 (same mass and dimensions)
- Case is dropped from 1m onto its side (mid point opposite side to volume buttons)
- Guide mechanism is used to ensure repeatability of drop and velocity measured prior to impact to ensure consistency
- Case impacts 150mm radius anvil and transmitted force recorded by load cell beneath anvil
- Each drop is repeated 3 times and the average calculated